Sunday, December 21, 2014

38 Weeks


How far along? 38 Weeks

Total weight gain: Enough, only, maybe, slightly too much. Considering the size of my child, I count this as a win!

Maternity clothes? Yup, and looking forward to being out of them... eventually.

Stretch marks? Yes, lots and lots. My belly still looks like a brain.

Sleep: I get up multiple times a night, now. Add this to the fact that I wake up every time I need to roll over, and I get up a lot. However, the sleep I do get is pretty decent. I hope this is a good sign for the coming weeks!

Best moment this week: The best moment this week will come at approximately 1:30PM on 12/24- when I get to see my little human (and his face!!), on the outside, for the first time!

Miss Anything? Everything you can't have while you're pregnant. Chris suggested I ask a friend of mine to bring me sushi in the hospital. I think she would do it, too, she did just bring me two bags of peanut butter m&m's (my favorite) for no reason. She's the best.

Movement: This kid kicks my bladder, and anything else he can reach, all day long. I know this is the part I will miss most, and I am relishing these last few days watching him roll around and feeling his little hiccups. I like to think I will look back on these times with a lot of fondness, and block out the parts where he has made me grunt and cringe from some of his especially strong kicks.

Food cravings: Not a craving, but I wouldn't mind a big, juicy, medium/medium rare steak. Another thing for which I have to wait.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Sometimes the idea of doctors cutting through multiple layers of skin and muscle makes me a little queasy, but I am trying to keep a more "the ends justify the means" kind of attitude about it.

Gender: Boy!

Symptoms: Hip pain. Lots of hip pain. I finally did my Christmas shopping, which involved standing in some really long lines and a lot of stops, and it really took a toll on my hips, especially my right one. I think my right one got the brunt of it because I got in and out of the car a lot, and it takes a little bit to get the other leg into the car. Add this to the fact that my ab muscles are pretty much no good right now, and I was pretty much using only my hip muscles to get my other leg in the car. Man, does that sound pathetic, haha!

Belly Button in or out? Mostly just flat, sometimes a little bit of an outtie.

Wedding rings on or off? Off. I miss them. I really miss them. I have had my engagement ring for almost 4 years now. Even though I have had my other rings for less time, my finger looks/feels pretty strange without them.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty irritable still. I think it comes with the territory of being 9 and a half months pregnant. The whole 9 month thing is a lie. A LIE. It's 10 months, and nobody tells you, you only find out when you do the math after you find out you're pregnant.

Looking forward to: Seeing my little boy! Only 3 days to go. SO surreal.

I am going to try to remember to take a picture on Tuesday and do a 39 week update, but if I don't, the next time you hear from me I will be announcing the arrival of our little babe, and you will finally learn his name!


No comments:

Post a Comment